Monday, May 11, 2009

OCTOPUS AND MOOD


It´s hard to make out where the octopus is and her lies one of its stengths: it´s ability to change colour and texture to adapt itseflf to the environment nearby.I had the chance of watching one behaving this way and its one of the most exhilarating experiences as it was first hand and not in a documentary .

How do I change?
If I feel depressed I will sing.
If I feel sad I will laugh.
If I feel ill I will double my labour.
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
If I feel incompetent I will think of past success.
If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
Today I will be the master of my emotions.
-Og Mandino, “The Greatest Salesman in the World”

NB2A/C
- Homework; workbook, pg 67,68Grammar, units 83, 84
- Phonetics: St.b. pg 91 /^/,/u:/,/ai/,/e/
- Listening: 2 listenings from previous exams so that you can have some practice for the June exam.
- Speaking: Picture description with all the structures you´re supposed to have learnt.
- Grammar: a handout with exercises with quantifiers.
- Homework: More pictures and topics to develop . Grammar ,unit 91,92 with more quantifiers and two compositions, samples of previous exams to be handed in on Thursday.

REMEMBER THAT THERE´S NO CLASS ON TUESDAY FOR NB2A/C

NI2E
- Grammar, unit 96 ,more non defining relative clauses , We saw the rules and did the exercises
- Phonetics. St. B. pg 79. Silent letters like : listens plumber, autumn....
- Writing: An opinion about a topic , St. b. pg 82 . We saw this activity in detailand set a topic for a future composition: Should death penalty be abolished in some states of the USA?
- Grammar: A handout with relative exercises of all sorts. We just did a few of each type .
- Speaking: Picture description and topic. I must say that although you´re definitely improving you need more practice, so ,please , do your best because there´s no time to waste.
- Homework: the handout with relatives, picture description and the composition for Thursday