A strong economy and guaranteed funding Brazil's economy is now the tenth largest in the world - and predicted to be fifth by 2016. We are the world's second biggest food exporter, one of the world's largest oil and ore producers and the fifth largest advertising market. Our diverse economy is the engine of South America and one of the world's top 10 consumer markets. We have the highest levels of Internet use in the world. The enduring strength of our economy - even in the current global climate - has enabled the Government to guarantee the investments needed for the 2016 Games, including direct funding of US$700m for the OCOG.
Spirit, sport and a powerful legacy We will unite Rio's unique spirit with the power of sport to stage an exceptional event, full of Brazilian passion. Rio 2016 will provide memories of a lifetime for every athlete and all other members of the Games Family. And the Games will leave a powerful legacy by meeting the long-term needs of the city and its residents. Every aspect of the Rio Games concept has been designed to align with the strategy for the future of the city and country.
Uniting sport and youth Rio is committed to bringing together Brazil's youthful population - including 65 million under 18s - with the full range of Olympic and Paralympic sport. One example is the X Park, a sports complex that will combine Olympic disciplines with many of the modern sports that have emerged in recent years . In keeping with Rio 2016's clear strategy to align Games plans with the long-term development of the city, the X Park will be built in Deodoro - the area of Rio with the youngest population and a recognised need for more sports facilities.
- Homework: We checked Grammar, unit 59 about object pronouns.
- Grammar: St. b. pg 5. word order in questions . A re-order the words exercise. Page 126 . grammar Bank Word Order in Questions. We saw the rules and did the exercises on the following page.
_Speaking: a photocopy with questions about your partner: name, age,nationality called STUDENT´S PROFILE. you had to note down the answers of the interview because on Thursday I´ll collect the compositions made out of these questions.
- Listening: St. b. pg 5 . LISTENING DATES AND NUMBERS AUDIO , to see the exercises LISTENING DATES AND NUMBER ACTIVITIES, to see the answers LISTENING DATES AND NUMBERS ANSWERS
- Vocabulary . Section 1B. St.b. pg .4. Who Knows you Better? About members of the family and adjectives. Vocabulary Bank, pg 145. Personality adjectives
- Homework : Composition for next thursday and Grammar, unit 44