Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
Anne Frank (1929 - 1945),
The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.
Havelock Ellis (1859 - 1939),
The words that enlighten the soul are more precious than jewels.
Hazrat Inayat Khan
I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.
John Cage (1912 - 1992)
I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful.
John Constable (1776 - 1837)
Order is the shape upon which beauty depends.
Pearl Buck (1892 - 1973)
Rarely do great beauty and great virtue dwell together.
Petrarch (1304 - 1374),
- Homework: grammar, units 110, 111. For NI2C two photocopies about adverbs.
- Grammar: Exercises on the position of adverbs. Some more extra activities: adverbs 1 and 2
- Vocabulary: Review of phrasal verbs.
- Vocabulary: review of unit 1. I´ve realised you have to study more, a lot more the vocabulary and other items. Coming to class isn´t enough and inspiration in an exam doesn´t come spontaneously but having studied a lot before.
- EE: I gave you a set of activities as a guide to write letters: formal and informal, all aimed at Certificación . Here you have the guided writing for certificacion guide (thes activities come form "Successful Writing Intermediate") and rules for writing formal letters. We did several activities and stopped at the end of letters applying for jobs.
- Homework: a composition for Wednesday , 17 of November and ,of course, study a lot for the exam next Monday.
- Homework: Two Photocopies about a/an; thes/those/that/this.
- Grammar: Review of this7that/these/those with a power point. Review of a/an with another power point. these actities took us a long time until it was fully understood.
- Practical English: On a plane. St.B.p. 12.
- Vocabulary: drinks. e.g. milk, mineral water, orange juice...
- CO. St.B.p. 12. On a plane. Asking for a drink. Answer questions. complete the dialogue.
- EO:St.B.p.12. Role play. Asking for a drink on a plane.
- Social English: Listen and circle the correct answer. Answer questions and useful phrases.
- Homework: a review of unit 1 on p. 14,15 with the answers.