Tuesday, December 02, 2008

RULES AND GOD


Rules
From my point of view, nobody can´t have summed up better the real importance of rules, everybody must obey,no matter who you are a policeman or the best judge.
I am surprised about the great respect that the author of the article reflects in spite of not being an expert in the matter, he recognizes that there are rules everywhere, at school, at home, or when you use a train, you must obey the rules there. Something that I don´t always do, especially when I drive my car.
This article has made me consider if I know the rules as well as I thought I expected .Thanks for this beautiful and interesting article, it has showed me something important.

M. Carmen García, a student of Law. NI2E


God
My name´s Fina and I´m a second year (NB) student of English at Langreo EOI . I´m thirty two years old . I live in siero qith my husband and I work in a school with children with motor problems.I´m very talkative and friendly : I like trekking , going to the conema and travelling very much .What about you?

Last weekend I read your book and I liked it a lot because it´s very funny . My favourite chapter was the one about god.for me god is very special too because my father died and I know that he is in heaven with him. I think we should give thanks to god everyday for all we have. Every Sunday I go to church to listen to the mass because it´s god´s house. There are some very beautiful churches in Spain, like Burgos cathedral.
When I travel I love sightseeing,visiting museums ,churches, gardens...they´re very interesting.Early it will be Christmas time, so I´m going to sing some carols with my family: Fishes in the river,Merry Christmas, Jingle Bells.
Fina Gil. NB2C

NB2A/C
--Homework:Workbook. p.22 and 23.
--Grammar: St.B.p.30 The Pessimist Phrase Book with will and won´t for predictions. Grammar Bank.p.130 .We saw the rules again,especially for those who hadn´t attended classes yesterday.Grammar ,unit 27 the rules , will for predictions.
--Vocabulary: St.B. p. 30 .Opposite verbs: pass an exam and fail an exam. Vocabulary bank. p.149 with more opposite verbs : lend and borrow, push and pull,miss and catch. A memory activity to test your classmate the opposites they remembered.
--Phonetics: St.b. p.31 . Pronunciation of ´ll and weak forms in sentences like you´ll break your leg. We did some practice with the CD.
--Listening: A radio programme where five people call to give tips about positive thinking . A sentence completion exercise.
--Speaking: St.B.p.31.Matching positive phrases with the situations using I´m sure + will/won´t.e.g.I have an exam tomorrow. Good luck.I´m sure you´ll pass.
Are you a positive thinker ? with very common expressions such as I hope so, I don´t think so, I hope not, perhaps...
--Homework: Workbook p.24 and 25. Grammar the exercises of unit 27 .

NI2E
--Grammar: A revision of future tenses with: going to, present continuous, ´ll, future continuous and future perfect.
--Homework: Reading, st.b.p.29. you took it in turns to read the article Confessions of a Coffee Addict . I noted down the pronunciation mistakes ,which were a lot ,I´m afraid ,and checked them on the blackboard. You all need extra practice and the best way is to borrow books with CDs from the library we have at the English Department. Read and listen at the same time, then listen and repeat. You´ll improve your pronunciation soon.
--Grammar: used to for past habits, to be used to doing sth for an activity not new and usually for present habits. We did the activities on p.29.Then on p.132, we saw the grammar rules and did the exercises and after that we saw chapetrs 18 and 61 in your grammar books.
--Speaking: St.b.p.29 to practice the new grammar items.
--Writing: a photocopy with situations to fix these ideas giving detailed reasons for each choice we made.
--Homework: a speaking activity :st.b.p.30. Hooked on...? and grammars ,units 18 and 61