Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MASKED PORCUPINEFISH


All That Jazz (1975)

· It's show time, folks.
Roy Scheider as Joe Gideon

· No, nothing I ever do is good enough. Not beautiful enough, it's not funny enough, it's not deep enough, it's not anything enough. Now, when I see a rose, that's perfect. I mean, that's perfect. I want to look up to God and say, "How the hell did you do that? And why the hell can't I do that?"
Roy Scheider as Joe Gideon

· Sometimes I don't know where the bullshit ends and the truth begins.
Roy Scheider as Joe Gideon

· If I die, I'm sorry for all the bad things I did to you. And if I live, I'm sorry for all the bad things I'm gonna do to you.
Roy Scheider as Joe Gideon

· I don't get married again because I can't find anyone I dislike enough to inflict that kind of torture on.
Roy Scheider as Joe Gideon

Annie Hall (1977)

· That was the most fun I've ever had without laughing.
Woody Allen as Alvy Singer

· I don't want to move to a city where the only cultural advantage is being able to make a right turn on a red light.
Woody Allen as Alvy Singer

· A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark.
Woody Allen as Alvy Singer

· I was thrown out of N.Y.U. my freshman year for cheating on my metaphysics final, you know. I looked within the soul of the boy sitting next to me. When I was thrown out, my mother, who was an emotionally high-strung woman, locked herself in the bathroom and took an overdose of Mah-Jongg tiles. I was depressed at that time. I was in analysis. I was suicidal as a matter of fact and would have killed myself, but I was in analysis with a strict Freudian, and, if you kill yourself, they make you pay for the sessions you miss.
Woody Allen as Alvy Singer

· Honey, there's a spider in your bathroom the size of a Buick.
Woody Allen as Alvy Singer

· Sun is bad for you. Everything our parents said was good is bad. Sun, milk, red meat... college.
Woody Allen as Alvy Singer

· I feel that life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. That's the two categories.
Woody Allen as Alvy Singe


NB2A/C

- Homework : Workbook,pg 60 ,61 and we worked a lot describing pictures. This is very important for your exams and from now on we´ll do it practically everyday.

- Reading: St. book, pg 80. About Mick Jagger when he was at school . We checked the vocabulary and focussed on a structure"used to do" for a past habit.

- Grammar. Unit 36 where we saw the rules more in detail . We also worked this in a handout about changes of two people.

- Listening. St.B. pg.81 .About a young lady called Melissa talking about her school days . True-false statements.

- Pronunciation of "used to" in sentences.

- Vocabulary : subjects at school ,stress and pronunciation.

- Speaking: What did you use to do when you were a teenager or 10 years old? pg.81

- Song: It´s all over now.

- Homework: Grammar. Unit 36 the exercises. Wk. pg 62,63 and another description of a photo.


NI2E

- Homework: Workbook,pg 44,45, 46

- Listening: I picked up two of the last year tests ,which was tough with an awful sound recording. I definitely understand your complaints. I hope this year you´ll be luckier.Anyway ,it was just the first go you had, so don´t worry. Your marks will be ready for Monday.

- Vocabulary and word building: St. book pg.72. A number of words to be classified into groups of nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs and then and exercise to check it.

- Grammar: Quantifiers . Grammars units 86 with negative quantifiers such as no, none, any, nothing, nobody... and unit 88 with all, all of, most, most of, no, none of.

- Homework: the exercises of units 86 and 88 and the reading activity in St. book pg,73.I know it´s a lot but you must make a final effort.