Tuesday, May 19, 2009
RECYCLING ALL YOU CAN 2
Recycling all you can 2
Check whether it can actually be recycled in your area
Cardboard, paper, glass, cans and type 1 and 2 plastics can be recycled in most areas. Check with your local council to find out what can be recycled in your area.
You may be able to put out glass if you have kerbside recycling and some landfills and transfer stations have bins for recycling glass.
Remember, you can only recycle food containers (bottles and jars) - you can't recycle light bulbs, drinking glasses, mugs, cookware or window glass
Paper and cardboard
You should be able to put out paper and cardboard if you have kerbside recycling and most landfills and transfer stations have bins for recycling paper and cardboard.
Remember, you can't recycle paper or cardboard contaminated with food or other stuff (like pizza boxes).
Food and drink cans
You may be able to put out aluminium and steel cans if you have kerbside recycling and most landfills and transfer stations have bins for recycling cans.
You may be able to put out plastics if you have kerbside recycling and most landfills and transfer stations have bins for recycling plastic.
Most areas recycle plastics type 1 and 2 and some areas take other types as well. See the plastic identification code to find out what types you've got.
Chemicals and used oil
Contact your local council to find out what services are available in your area for disposing of unwanted chemicals or used oil.
Make sure the right materials go in the right recycling bin
Look on the recycling bin to see what should go in it. There may be separate bins for different coloured glass or for different plastic types.
Check with your local council to find your nearest recycling facilities. COGERSA
- Homework: Grammar, units 67 and 68 about countable and uncountable nouns.
- Speaking: Picture description and topic in detail.
- Grammar: St. b. pg. 92 Phrasal verbs: match pictures with activities. Vocabulary Bank pg 153 .
and Grammar Bank, pg 140 : rules and exercises. We worked these exercises a lot. Grammar, unit 115 about separable phrasal verbs, eg. pick the pencil up, pick up the pencil, pick it up.
- Reading: St. B. pg 93 with a multiple choice exercise. Are you a morning or an evening person?
- Listening: About the same topic, an interview.
- Phonetics: the sounds /g/ girl and /dg/ of gym
- Homework: Workbook, pg 71,71. Grammar unit 115.
A PIECE OF IMPORTANT NEWS FOR MY NB2ºA/C STUDENTS:REMEMBER WE WON´T HAVE CLASS ON TUESDAY 19TH, SO SEE YOU ON THURSDAY
- Homework: Workbook, pg 53- 56.
- Grammar: grammar, units 53,54,55 about verbs followed by infinitive TO or gerund -ING. We did all the exercises to make sure you understood
- Listening: somebody who bought a dfaulty computer and can´t keep in touch with the shop. Phone messages.
- Writing: based on the previous activity you had to complete a leeter of complaint with information from the listening . the following step will to write a complaint letter on your own.
- Homework : for Wednesday complete the letter, for Thursday write a letter about a faulty MP3 or video.
Alberto, I owe you a coffee for the songs you send me. Thanks a lot