In this photo you can see a colorful www.virtourist.com/africa/redsea/07.htmbroomtail wrasse (cheilinus lunulatus). The family of wrasses (labridae) is one of the most diverse Among the fish. They vary from several cm in size to almost
A feature of this family of fishes is specially curious: they are born as females, but can change sex to male if needed. Wrasses are active predators, they hunt smaller fishes and shellfish. Probably the most known is the cleaner wrasse, a small fish feeding on parasites, pieces of dead skin and scales. Other fish concentrate in their "cleaning stations" and willingly submit themselves to this service.
www.virtourist.com/africa/redsea/07.htmHe who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare,
And he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere.
Ali ibn-Abi-Talib (602 AD - 661 AD),
Misfortune shows those who are not really friends.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC),
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)
Friendship make prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it.
Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC),
Being friendless taught me how to be a friend. Funny how that works.
Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends.
Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.
Elbert Hubbard (1856 – 1915
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington (1732 - 1799)
In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends.
John Churton Collins
Adversity does teach who your real friends are.
Lois McMaster Bujold,
- Homework: Compositions about describing a drawing.
- Test: Listening . Here you have the exercises ,audio and answers.
Reading: With the passages and the answers
- Speaking: I gave you another drawing. We dealt with the vocabulary which was related to the beach and you did the activity with the notes at sight.
- Homework : Reading. St.B.p.25 "Eternal youth", with an exercises about formal and informal register and a multiple choice one.
- Speaking: St.B.p,24 about ages, the best/wort age of your life and so on, after that some questions about cosmetic surgery with its advantages and disadvantages.
- Listening: A video about Cindy Jackson , a woman who has undergone more than 20 cosmetic surgery operations. Exercise :order que questions first and then write down the answers and script . I´m awfully sorry, I don´t know how to work with videos in my blog yet. I promise I´ll post it next week.
Here is another interview .
- Homework: Picture description , Wk. 1C,2A.