Tuesday, February 02, 2010

HUMOUR 5


Teacher: Can anyone give me the name of a liquid that won't freeze ?
Pupil: Hot water !

Teacher: Does anyone know which month has 28 days ?
Pupil: All of them !

Why was the head teacher worried ?
Because there were so many rulers in the school !

Teacher: I told you to stand at the end of the line ?
Pupil: I tried, but there was someone already there !

Teacher: I said to draw a cow eating some grass but you've only drawn the cow ?
Pupil: Yes, the cow ate all the grass !

Teacher: and what is "don't" short for
Pupil: Doughnut !

Teacher: In 1940, what were the Poles doing in Russia ?
Pupil: Holding up the telegraph lines !

Teacher: Why are you standing on your head ?
Pupil: I'm just turning over things in my mind, sir !
From: schooljokes.com

NB2
Homework: Grammar, units 17,95
Grammar: Present perfect: a series of exercises we did thoroughly to make sure everybody understood this tense.
Speaking: Pair work "Are you Telling the Truth?" with questions in present perfect such as "have you ever been...?" and in the simple past to ask for more details.
Listening: "I was really scared", a ghost story with specific question about the sequence of events. First we saw some vocabulary. Exercise, script and audio.
Homework: Grammar, unit 9( I have, I´ve got), 30 (I am I don´t). An extra set of exercises in the present perfect with answers.
NI2
Homework:Grammar. Units 10,11 and 39
Reading. St.B. p.54,55 Sections a,b,c,d. "Clothes to die for"
Grammar: Grammar Bank, p.136. Position of adjectives: Rules and exercises. Grammar, unit 99 Vocabulary: A crosswords about clothes. A photocopy with more specific vocabulary :adjectives describing clothes and verbs.eg.fit,suit,match.
Speaking: Communication: Fashion show:Describe a man and a woman using two adjectives. Student A:p. 117, Student B:p.121. Another activity:"Guess the drawing".A student has to draw what his partner says using two adjectives. It was fun and we laughed a lot.
Homework: Grammar, unit 37. Requests. Wk.p. 33,34,35.