The ribbon eel is an elegant creature with a long, thin body and high dorsal fins. The ribbon eel can easily be recognised by its expanded anterior nostrils. Juveniles and sub-adults are jet black with a yellow dorsal fin, while females are yellow with a black anal fin with white margins on the fins. The adult males are blue with a yellow dorsal fin.
The ribbon eel grows to an overall length of approximately 100 cm (36 in), and has a life span of up to twenty years. The ribbon eel is the only moray eel that is not gonochoristic.
BehaviorLike many eels, the ribbon eel is sometimes thought to be angry or aggressive, because its mouth is often open, appearing ready to strike. In reality, the eel is simply breathing.
In the wild, the ribbon eel buries itself in sand or hides in rocks or reefs, dashing out to feed on shrimp and fish.
- Homework: Photo description , the same as in the exam. Mistakes checked on the board and marks, of course.
- Grammar: linking words related to story telling. Useful connectors to express clearly the sequence of tenses.
- CL: Reading: St.B.p. 40 "I will survive" , a reading about someby who breaks his leg while mountain climbing. Questions.
- CO: A listening to see how the story ends . Answer questions and true-false statements.
- Grammar. the third conditional. St.B.p. 41. Match the halves. Grammar Bank. St.B.p. 134.Rules and exercises.
- Homework: A set of exercises with more connectors.
- Homework: Workbook, p, 22. An e-mail to a friend. They were read and the most important mistakes were checked on the board, e,g.I like watching TV ( I like to watch TV) , I learn English to travel/ for my job/because I like it (I learn English for to travel), these among the most common mistakes.
- Vocabulary: St.B.p. 146.Review of adjectives. Test your partner. Modifiers: quite, a bit, very, not very...e.g. she´s quite tall. Say sentences with the adjectives on p. 146 and write them down.
- Phonetics: St.B.p. 28. Listen and repeat the words, then classify them under the right symbol.e.g. tree, boot, bike, egg...
- Listening: St.B.p.29. Listen to the sentences and write them down. I had to play the track several times because it was hard to understand , especially because of the linking.eg. she livesina flatin London. That´s why you find it difficult to follow.
- Vocabulary: St.B.p. 29. Listen to the adjectives and match them with the right picture: angry, sad, thirsty...
- Song: Pretty woman.
- Homework: workbook, p, 23. and study the new adjectives on P.29 and 146.
- NOTE: I have problems with the server, that´s why I haven´t been able to link exercises lately.