Sea turtles play key roles in two ecosystem types that are critical to them as well as to humans—oceans and beaches/dunes. In the oceans, for example, sea turtles, especially green sea turtles, are one of very few creatures (manatees are another) that eat the sea grass that grows on the sea floor. Sea grass must be kept short to remain healthy, and beds of healthy sea grass are essential breeding and development areas for many species of fish and other marine life. A decline or loss of sea grass beds would damage these populations, triggering a chain reaction and negatively impacting marine and human life.
Beaches and dunes form a fragile ecosystem that depends on vegetation to protect against erosion. Eggs, hatched or unhatched, and hatchlings that fail to make it into the ocean are nutrient sources for dune vegetation. Every year, sea turtles lay countless eggs on beaches. Along one twenty-mile (32 km) stretch of beach in Florida alone, for example, more than 150,000 pounds of eggs are laid each year.
- Homework: The exercises on conditionals . the anwers are in one of the latest posts.
- Speaking: two students made their speech about different topics.
- Reading: a reding for certificacion. Exercises, answers
- Listening: a listening for certificacion. Exercises, script, audio.
All these activities were checked in class and doubts were solved.
- Homework: St.B.p. 51 (don´t do exercise c) ,and wk. p. 27,28,30,31.
- Homework: Daily routines. some students read their compositions and mistakes were checked on the blackboard. The last page of a set of exercises about adjectives, singulars and plurals.
- Listening: St.B.p. 31. Stressed people. Listen to Simon ,then listen to Professor Parker´s advice. Take notes on the pieces of advice he gives and retell what he says. Listen and read with the script on p. 116.
- Speaking: What time do you....? St.B.p. 31. Interview your classmate.
- Phonetics: the sounds for coffee, school, son, home.
- Grammar: frequency adverbs. St.B.p. 32. The Mystery of Okinawa. Rank the frequency adverbs from the highest to lowest percentage . Grammar Bank. St.B.p. 126, rules and exercises, an extra photocopy with more exercises.
- Reading: Read the passage and put a heading for each paragraph.
- Vocabulary: check unkown words and pronunciation of some difficult words, e.g. vegetables, fruit, friends..
- Homework: wk. p. 24,25,26.