- Homework: Workbook, sections 3A,3B.
- Speaking: Two students described photos and their mistakes were checked on the board.
- Vocabulary: History and politics, St.b.p. 150, the three sections. Test your partner.
- Listening: St.B.p. 47. Henry VIII´s wives. A grid to complete with information about Catherine of Arangon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour,Anne of Cleves and Katherine Parr: their personal qualities,number of children, how long the marriage lasted and what happened to them.
- Phonetics. St.B.p. 45. silent letters .e.g. castle, half, suit.
- Grammar: Modal verbs. Please, see the post of 24/01/12. exercises and answers
- Homework: If you haven´t, please, do the exercises on modal vers, St.B.p. 46 ,a reading about Katherine Howard, St.B.p. 50, a story and St.B.p. 51, a review of unit 3.
BASIC LEVEL A/B
- Homework: I collecter a composition. It was a letter to a pen friend. The exercises posted in the blog were checked and questions answered.
- Vocabulary: St.B.p. 146. adhectives. Review of pronunciation ans meanings. Test your partner. Modifiers: very and quite. e.g. quite tall, very fast.
- Listening: St.B.p. 29. Write the sentences you hear. People don´t usually speak slowly.
- Vocabulary: St.B.p. 29. To be hungry, thirsty, cold, hot, angry, sad, happy. Remember that some of these words are used with the verb "tener" in Spanish.e.g. tengo frio.
- Grammar: The time. St.B.p. 126 with rules and exercises.
- Speaking: The time. ask and answer the time. St.B.p. 108 and 111.
- Listening: A video called "People in the street". they are asked about their brothers and sisters and their age.
- Homework: Exercises about the time and adjectives. Also do section 3A in your workbook.
Monday, February 06, 2012
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL A/C