- List all your ideas.
- Think about the content of the speech, that is, the main ideas you´re going to talk about.
- Check if the information is relevant , interesting and attractive to the audience.
- Express them in a logical , coherent way setting first the idea and illustrating it with a clear development and examples.
- Give a conclusion to the topic .
- You can have your basic ideas noted down , but not the whole speech. Just a few words to remind you of the idea you´re going to mention.
We first worked with a handout about banks, buying, selling and paying : everyday words and expressions related to this topic. Although it may seem though and boring , it´s extremely useful when it comes to travelling or living in an English speaking country. Then we had a listening activity: two couples arguing about wasting money in useless gadgets.
For those who didn´t come to class last Thursday ,we checked again the story telling writing. This time it was focussed on your workbooks, pages 18 and 19 .The aim is to write a composition telling the story about the businessman´s daughter.
For Wednesday ,write sentences with the new vocabulary and in your workbooks , page 15,do exercises 5, 6 and 7 .