African/ Eritrean/ Tigrinja: Rehus-Beal-Ledeats
Arabic: Milad Majid
Bahasa Malaysia: Selamat Hari Natal
Basque: Zorionak eta Urte Berri On!
Bosnian: (BOSANSKI) Cestit Bozic i Sretna Nova godina
Brazilian: Feliz Natal
Bulgarian: Tchestita Koleda; Tchestito Rojdestvo Hristovo
Catalan: Bon Nadal i un Bon Any Nou!
Chinese: (Cantonese) Gun Tso Sun Tan'Gung Haw Sun
Cornish: Nadelik looan na looan blethen noweth
Corsian: Pace e salute
Croatian: Sretan Bozic
Czech: Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok
Danish: Glædelig Jul
Dutch: Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar! or Zalig Kerstfeast
English: Merry Christmas
Eskimo: (inupik) Jutdlime pivdluarit ukiortame pivdluaritl
Flemish: Zalig Kerstfeest en Gelukkig nieuw jaar
French: Joyeux Noel
Galician: Bo Nada
Gaelic: Nollaig chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath ùr!
German: Fröhliche Weihnachten
Greek: Kala Christouyenna!
Hebrew: Mo'adim Lesimkha. Chena tova
Hindi: Shub Naya Baras (good New Year not Merry Christmas)
Hungarian: Kellemes Karacsonyi unnepeket
Icelandic: Gledileg Jol
Irish: Nollaig Shona Dhuit, or Nodlaig mhaith chugnat.
Italian: Buone Feste Natalizie
Japanese: Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
Korean: Sung Tan Chuk Ha
Latin: Natale hilare et Annum Faustum!
Luxembourgish: Schèine Chreschtdaag an e gudde Rutsch
Macedonian: Sreken Bozhik
Maltese: IL-Milied It-tajjeb
Manx: Nollick ghennal as blein vie noa
Norwegian: God Jul, or Gledelig Jul
Philipines: Maligayan Pasko!
Polish: Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia or Boze Narodzenie
Russian: Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom
Scots Gaelic: Nollaig chridheil huibh
Slovene: Vesele Bozicne Praznike Srecno Novo Leto or Vesel Bozic in srecno Novo leto
Spanish: Feliz Navidad
Swedish: God Jul and (Och) Ett Gott Nytt År
Turkish: Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun
Vietnamese: Chuc Mung Giang Sinh
Welsh: Nadolig Llawen
On Christmas Eve, this is what I would like you to leave out (not all of them but some):
- Homework: Wk, secticons 2C, 2D
- Speaking: a mark for the first term , but I´m afraid it wasn´t very successful, so I gave you the photos and the topic for interaction so that you have it ready for Thursday. As it is something new I have given time to you , however don´t expect me to do it for next term. Whatever the topic is, you´ll have to talk about it with very little time .
- Grammar ,vocabulary and listening: St. B. p. 26,27 . A review of unit 2
- Writing: St.B. p. 25 "A Story Behind a Photo". Photo description in written form. Some questions and its structure .
- Reading: St.B.p. 28 , section 3 A "Where are you going? , a passage about Heathrow airport where we had to insert some questions and do a true-false exercise.
- Listening: St.B.p. 29. an interview to one of the passengers at Heathrow after a few months and her plans for the future .
- Vocabulary: p. 29 .expressions with "look" , such as look for, look after and look forward to.
- Homework: Description of a photo based on the exercise on p. 25 and the speaking with the topic for interaction and the description of a photo.
- Homework: 2 photocopies about used to and be/get used to doing
- Speaking: some students did their speaking exam : interaction and photo description. I´ve noticed that some of you improvise ,which is fime sometimes, but I think you should keep the main guidelines in your head, so that the order and items to describe are well organised and follow a logical, coherent sequence.
- Listening, vocabulary and reading: a set of exercises about computers: listening 1 , listening 2 and listening 3 , exercises .scripts and vocabulary.
- Homework: Reading: St.B.p. 31, Wk p. 20,21,22,
PABLO GONZALEZ RUBIO has sent me this song. Thank you Pablo for your help.